BORN

No introduction or conclusion for this poem. Just read and let me know your thoughts...


A life full of yearning, we have lived,
Me, my lady and this house of ours.
Craving the laughs and the sweet cries,
of a little soul that could bless the hours.


And that day of immense pleasure came,
when the gods bestowed upon us, our wish.
With a baby on the way, and smiles on our faces,
Each day of longing was a day of bliss.


This tiny soul was unknown to me,
Yet, I dreamt, and it would lighten me up.
I felt a bond so unwavering and strong,
I couldn't wait to see it all grown-up.


Our happiness grew with the baby bump,
Bought dangling mobiles to hang over the crib.
Tiny baby shoes and clothes of all kinds,
Nappies and a bottle of milk to sip.


The day of birth, I could barely contain,
My great anxiety and excitement.
I could hear the screams, the panting breaths,
As I waited for the cries of our infant.


The moaning stopped but the cry never came,
Fearing the worst, I ran to the room.
There she laid, beside her mom,
A tiny angel out of her mother's womb.


The doctor met my eyes with a grim look,
Into a million fragments, I was torn.
The little one was pale and so calm,
He broke the news - She was stillborn.


All the dreams shattered apart,
And my feet sank deep into the ground.
Voice was gone, tears wouldn't come out,
We lost all hopes that we had found.


Now, every time I dream, she dies,
And it keeps me awake at night.
She rests in peace, oh my sweet child,
Wish you were here to make the days bright.


You blessed us with the gift of parenthood,
we can give you only our gratitude and pain.
We will live on and carry your memories,
wishing that you will choose us again.







Comments

  1. Welcome to the parenthood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations ✨️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poem better than some movies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speechless...You have written from the heart ❤️♾️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PART 2 : AN AILMENT OF SADNESS