REMEMBRANCE

PEOPLE LEAVE...

THAT'S WHAT THEY DO IF THEY DON'T FIND THE COMFORT IN YOU. WHAT THEY SEEK REMAINS UNFULFILLED. NOT BECAUSE THEY CAN'T FIND WHAT THEY LACK, BUT THEY CAN'T APPRECIATE WHAT THEY HAVE.

PEOPLE LEAVE... AND THAT'S THE WAY OF LIFE.





It all began, when you slid into my life that day.
A whole bunch of thoughts but a few words to say.
I tried so miserably to cast your thoughts aside,
And all my feelings, I suppressed them with might.



But a heart's long gone is a worthless case,
It wanders in the direction of your gaze.
Fooling itself with the fantasies,
Calming down when your smile, it sees.



So far away, uncountable miles,
I can't go there in a thousand lives.
To the place where my dreams come true,
To the place where my dream is you.



So much to listen to, all this sound,
You speak as if there is no one around.
And if I tell you this, I wonder what you'll do?
Your voice is so silent, I can't hear you.



Some mishaps happened and I pushed you away,
Stubborn as we were, not much did we say.
Neither could put down the pride to apologize,
And instead we walked away putting our disguise.



Days went by, turned into weeks,
But each other's comfort, we never did seek.
So the centimeters piled up a lot,
And our distance remained, no longer short.



As the years passed by, you probably forgot,
Of all the memories we desperately sought.
And slowly it all started to fade,
The moments from which "You & I" were made.



All of this, I hope you never see,
As I try to restore the former me.
Yet a part of me still wants you to know,
A few shards of you I'll have, wherever I go.



Someday, an unexpected call, I hoped,
And with all the hurting, bravely I coped.
But all seems to be in vain now,
As I'm struggling to breathe - tell me how.



The end of it all, I look back and see,
It's bittersweet to think what could and couldn't be.
It's all a part of me and there's nothing more to say,
So, leaving you with my words, I'll go away.

 

 

 

 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BORN

PART 2 : AN AILMENT OF SADNESS