BELIEVE

SOMEONE WHO HAS A PAST IS NOT ALWAYS ABLE TO GIVE IT THEIR ALL TO OTHERS EVEN WHEN THEY KNOW THAT BOTH OF THEM ARE TRYING THEIR BEST...

IT'S HARD TO PUT UP A BRAVE FACE AND EMBRACE YOUR VULNERABILITIES IN FRONT OF SOMEONE YOU LOVE...

 

 

Too many clouds in the sky,

hiding the warmth, obscuring the sun.

A silhouette holds my hand firmly,

And pulls me into flower beds that burn.



Her laughter echoes throughout the valley,

A few rays seep and illuminate her eyes.

They're glistening with brightness like those of stars,

And for a moment, I forget all my lies.



"I love it when you smile so much"

"I love to see you cheerful" - she says.

So, I believe her and deceive myself,

that I have left behind my past days.



My eyes swell up and start to gush,

hearing those words, heavy downpour begins.

Her innocent love, she shares with me,

And wipes my eyes with her bare skin.



My mouth is stuck, words won't come out,

while I look into those eyes full of love.

Hastily, I tell her, "me too",

and curse myself, looking above.



I love that she loves whenever I smile,

I love that she loves when my eyes are lit.

But they don't anymore and it eats me away,

because for a moment, I almost believe it.







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BORN

PART 2 : AN AILMENT OF SADNESS