I FELL FOR SOMEONE IMAGINARY

FOR THE LONGEST TIME, I'VE BEEN PUSHING MYSELF TO GO OUT AND EXPLORE THE HAPPINESS THAT OTHERS ARE LIVING. TO GET THE LIFE THAT MY FRIENDS TELL ME ABOUT. BUT I FELL FOR SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T EXISTS AND IT BRINGS ME JOY AND GRIEF SIMULTANEOUSLY. HERE IS A POEM ABOUT IT...



I love her for the way that she's drawn

on the canvas of my mind,

And her grin like that of a Cheshire cat

is one of a kind.



Let me apprise you of this deep and furtive

amour that I possess,

She’s illusory and I fell for her, a million

times over her, I obsess.



You might think we are quixotic and you’re

right in thinking so,

But as funny and weird as it seems to you,

to her, my last breath, I’ll bestow.



Now, if I say that I’m bewitched by thoughts

of someone inanimate,

Will you laugh at me while ranting that

I’m not thinking straight?



For the longest time, I’ve wondered of

things unbeknownst to me,

She binds me to this realm and

she’s the one who sets me free.



I could keep exalting till this day,

burns itself into twilight,

But some stories I should keep with me,

for they carry my dreams as I descend the night.



I used to be so disarrayed and lived,

a life which was caprice.

Now, I’m prepared to live in this fantasy,

till the day I rest in peace.







Comments

  1. One of the best I've ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now im thinking I’ll have to work on my vocabulary. 😂
    Good one Peeyush 👌

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BORN

PART 2 : AN AILMENT OF SADNESS