WHO AM I ?

SOMETIMES, I JUST SIT DOWN AND PONDER OVER WHAT OR WHO AM I? THIS QUESTION NEVER HAD ANY DEFINITE ANSWER. TO COME UP WITH A THING TO DEFINE YOURSELF IS VERY HARD. A SELF-INTROSPECTION IS MUCH NEEDED IN THESE TIMES OF CHAOS. HERE IS A POEM. HOPE YOU ALL LOVE IT...



Yesterday, I talked to me
and asked myself, who am I?
Failing to come up with an answer,
I mused and hours went by.


Am I this body, full of flaws,
with hardened bones and a funny jaw?
Covered with flesh from head to toe,
I sat there looking at myself in awe.


Surely, I thought, I am the brain,
as it wants all the knowledge attained.
It yearns to always be entertained.
Then why, am I so uncertain?


I could be the soul, resting at ease,
driving the body so it could be appeased.
Draining the brain in search of peace,
then the truth struck me and my thinking ceased.


A wondrous existence, like all others,
who were and who will be.
I am the body, I am the brain,
I am the soul, they constitute me.






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BORN

PART 2 : AN AILMENT OF SADNESS