ALL WAS WELL

WHENEVER WE LOOK BACK AT OUR LIFE, WE CONSIDER A TIME WHEN ALL WAS WELL. WHEN EVERY PROBLEM OF TODAY DIDN'T EXIST AND WE WERE HAPPY AND WHOLE. BUT THEN SOMETHING HAPPENED OR TO BE PRECISE IN OUR LIVES - SOMEONE HAPPENED AND ALL YOU REMAIN WITH IS THEIR VOID IN YOUR LIFE. HERE IS POEM DEPICTING THE SAME...



When you were the centre of my world,
in your eyes, my universe used to shine.
It is hard to bear the ugly truth,
you couldn't even see a star in mine.


All was well before we met,
then I stopped being the man I was.
I moulded myself into someone,
who listened to you with unending pause.


All was well back in the day
when you smiled while holding my hand.
Those hands are now so fragile,
I fear they will fall like a castle of sand.


The dreams and wishes that rose in me
of you with me and we being well,
are now lying shattered by reality
while I am in conflict with myself.


You took a part of me with you.
I couldn't smile, I couldn't cry.
Now I won't ever be whole again,
what I do is pretend and try.





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BORN

PART 2 : AN AILMENT OF SADNESS